7.24.2010

Some Catching Up To Do!

Wow! Where did July go? It feels like we just barely pulled out the sparklers for the Fourth and it's almost August! We did alot this month and I am going to get it all caught up! (In a few posts anyway)
First was the weekend of the Fourth. My Mom flew in from Southern California as well as my Aunt Cris and Uncle Randy from Northern California. Cris left for Kuwait last Tuesday so she made a quick trip out here to see all the Utah Family before leaving for six months. We all gathered at my Aunt Cathy's house in North Ogden for a BBQ and to watch the cities fireworks. My brother Brad and his family came up as well and even my cousin Kaleb and my Aunt Laurie made it. It was nice to see them again :)
Ryan, Aunt Cathy, Aunt Laurie
Deep discussion with Uncle Randy about photography
 Aunt Cris aka "Kuwait Cris"
Ryan and Randy playing with the cameras :)

The ladies cleaning up
Mom, Brad and Mel


After dinner, Cathy, Cris, Mom and I pulled out old family 8mm videos. They are going to have them converted to digital and I am going to edit all the video and have it burned to DVD. I am excited to do this, but nervous. It was so cool to see my Grandma Beth when she was younger and all of my Aunts and Uncle when they were kids. The film doesn't have audio, but I think it's nostalgic.We had a little mishap with the film and we had watched the whole reel before we noticed! The film wasn't winding back up and it had landed on the floor in a big pile. We had to roll it by hand, which is what I am doing below.
Awww...sisters :)
Cheese!
Watching fireworks from the front porch.
It was a great night and I am so happy I was able to spend time with so much wonderful family :)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fun family reunion! Wish we could have been there to see you all - that the old videos!

    ReplyDelete