8.25.2010

I have to be brave!

I need to grow some guts. When it comes to going after what I want, I usually shy away and think I will do it another day.
I feel like I have a great opportunity with the kids playing football to take shots of all the kids on the team and giving the parents my business card directing them to my website and if they like the photos, they can order them.
The only thing stopping me is myself. So I took my camera with me to Keaton's scrimmage game against West and went with the intention of not only shooting Keaton, but all the kids.
Here is a sample of what I took.
Sports
Tell me what you think. Is it a good idea? Does anyone have suggestions so I don't look like a stalker out there taking shots of kids. Maybe some advice on how to approach parents...or maybe how one gets over being shy????

3 comments:

  1. I think it's a great idea! Most parents, like me, never take good moving shots and are involved in watching the game. I say go for it! As for getting over being shy, the only way I know to do that is to just start talking. I have a problem with that one myself.
    I think if you just introduce yourself to the parents and if they know you've got a boy on the team, they'll be pretty easy to talk to. Make small talk, then tell them about your services and give them a business card. Then, like you said, they can check out the website and decide for themselves. Maybe talk to the coach about putting together an end of the season dvd or something for the kids to purchase with pictures from all the games.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda Amanda Amanda, the only idea that isn't a good idea is one that isn't followed through. You never will know what you can create for yourself if you don't just jump in with two feet. If your inner knowing says it's a good idea then it's a good idea don't worry about the rest. If it doesn't work out chalk it up to being one step closer to what is! Just DO IT!

    love and kisses- Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great idea, Amanda! Do it, do it, do it!!!

    ReplyDelete