Keaton started football. He has the same coach as last year and everyone sees a huge improvement. He is one of the 4 "leaders" on the team that helps call out stretches before practice and is definitley the loudest, it's a riot to listen to him.
Nolan is finished with soccer so he is just being a kid, laying low and enjoying the rest of summer. He did help me out alot around the house this weekend. He is a great kid!
Tevin is about the same as Nolan. Although Friday night at Keaton's practice Nolan and Tevin were playing at the park that is close by and I went over there to check on them just to find Tevin in a fight with another kid. I couldn't believe it! I yelled at the other three kids, (only one of them was in fistacuffs with Tev). I felt the protective vibe come out and I was probably a little mean to the other boys but I couldn't help it. Hopefully they will learn to stop picking on other kids. Tevin and Nolan were both okay. Tevin really stuck up for himself and Nolan helped save Tev's glasses. I guess they both tried ignoring the other kids tauntings, but Tevin had enough when one of the boys threw his glasses. Tevin was just sticking up for himself.
Thursday we had some pretty strong winds that came through. We had a tree that a main branch broke off about two summers ago so it was already pretty weak and the storm Thursday finished it off. It was kind of bittersweet because that tree blocked the neighbors but it really needed to go. So next year we will be tree shopping and in about 10 years we won't be able to see the neighbors again...lol. Maybe this would be a good chance to get to know them.
I had some family here from out of town as well. My cousin Tracy who I haven't seen in about 7 years was here from Pennsylvania along with my Aunt Cris and Uncle Randy who live in Modesto, CA. We had them over for a cookout with Brad and Mel. It was great to see them again and hope it's not 7 years until the next time. My Mom and Dad even made it out from California. It was nice to see them, even if it was short.
Oh and lastly Ryan helped with salsa today. I was working on a project and he offered his assistance. He is such a great guy.
Well that's it, I'm not much of a story teller so hopefully you are sleepy by the time you get to this point:)

Sounds like you guys are having a nice summer. We need to plan some time together...its been to long! Anyway thanks for the birthday wishes you sent to Macie. You were the only one so you are definately still best friends!!
ReplyDelete